12/24/14

Future Wooden Clockmaker Reveals His Improved Simplicity

Ronnie Cramer's Grandson's Version of  the Simplicity Clock
Ronnie emails:  "Good Afternoon Dr Boyer. I wanted to show you the new design my 8 year old grandson came up with for a clock.

I have attached the file. This is his version of my Simplicity. :)

Was made out of scraps I sent him from my wood shop. This is priceless.

As soon as I can I am going to order the electronic plans for the Genesis clock so I can cut the gears for my 11 yr old grandson. :) 

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thank you for so many wonderful clock plans.

Ronnie Cramer
Tennessee"

Ronnie, that is absolutely delightful!  I had such a wonderful chuckle when I opened that picture of your grandson's work of art.  You know, it reminds me of a clock designed by Thomas Edison for his shop.  I've included a picture of Thomas Edison's wooden movement.  It is similar in style and just confirms the comparative genius of your grandson.

Thomas Edison's Shop Clock
Merry Christmas and a happy and successful New Year.

Enjoy!  Clayton

Ronnie emails back:  "Thank you. When I saw my grandsons picture, I had to smile as I was very proud. I will pass your picture and comments along that to my grandson.

I am encouraging all my grand kids to be creative and how to make stuff with their own hands. Your clocks help me do just that. I very much appreciate all you have done for the wooden clock community.

Ronnie"

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but in order for me to have more time playing in my sawdust, I cannot respond to them here. If you have a technical question, please do not post it here, or I will have my wife answer it for me and her technical knowledge is highly suspect. For technical questions, check out the FAQ section of my website, or find my email link there. Mahalo and Aloha, Clayton