1/13/12

Simplicity by Barry Coleman


Simplicity by Barry Coleman
Barry emails:  "Hi Clayton.    Barry Coleman here, thank you for plans sent, here are pictures of the finished clock.   It runs on about 7 pounds of brass, losing about 1 minute an hour at the moment, will trim.

This is my first clock, can hear it ticking now, very satisfying.

Regards, Barry"

Clayton answers:  "Congratulations Barry, you did a nice job on your Simplicity. I love to hear these 'first time' stories because I still enjoy hearing about a new clock being put into beat.

Give your Simplicity some time to 'break in'. Some clocks run fast or slow in the beginning. Give it two or three weeks before any major tweaking.

I agree - hearing her ticking is quite satisfying.

Great job on your Simplicity.

Aloha. Clayton"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but in order for me to have more time playing in my sawdust, I cannot respond to them here. If you have a technical question, please do not post it here, or I will have my wife answer it for me and her technical knowledge is highly suspect. For technical questions, check out the FAQ section of my website, or find my email link there. Mahalo and Aloha, Clayton