1/6/14

Clockmaker's Legacy Lives On

Toucan by Ethan Speir
Clayton,

My name is Ethan Speir and I am a 23 year-old currently living in Leeds, Alabama. Over the past year, I have worked to complete my own Toucan Clock using your plans (see imaged attached). I used Black Walnut, Maple, Birch, and Katalox for my particular design. This was my first clock build and my first real woodworking project in general. I had a lot of fun and learned a great deal throughout the process!

I gave my Toucan to my parents for Christmas yesterday, and they were moved to tears. My mom's father, who has passed, was a clockmaker. I believe seeing his legacy live on through me and my newfound passion made the gift even more special for her. 

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with the world. I look forward to building many more of your clocks in the future.

All the best,

 - Ethan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but in order for me to have more time playing in my sawdust, I cannot respond to them here. If you have a technical question, please do not post it here, or I will have my wife answer it for me and her technical knowledge is highly suspect. For technical questions, check out the FAQ section of my website, or find my email link there. Mahalo and Aloha, Clayton